The workshop is postponed.
California water and wastewater utility managers must be resilient, adaptable, and flexible. As we look toward the future of utility management, we see emerging areas of focus that will test our resiliency. This California-Nevada AWWA sponsored workshop will equip and engage your utility’s leadership with what they need to not just respond, but to proactively lead the organization from where it currently is to a desired future state.
Learn about emerging trends and leading strategies in utility finance and rate setting, technology, communications, and utility management practices. A lawyer-led session focused on recent rate cases is part of the workshop. Together, we’ll discuss what utility leaders are focused on now and hear from utilities as they share how they are adapting to our new environment.
Topics covered will include:
- Communication strategies to gain support for your utility
- Strategic planning, organizational assessment, and recruiting talent
- Current trends in rate setting, including:
- Financial planning
- Defensible rates
- Drought rates
- Fire protection rates
- Risk-based capital planning using the latest in technology
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Municipal Water and Wastewater Utility Leaders
- Utility Managers and Public Works Directors
- Finance Managers and Budget Analysts
- IT Managers and Data Analysts
- Public Affairs and Communications Managers