In collaboration with our local government and utility partners, Raftelis develops strategic communication plans that will build public trust and confidence in your organization or your project. Consistent communication is crucial when working with potentially contentious and misunderstood issues. We develop a strategic approach that integrates with your current communication program and identifies new opportunities and channels for messaging to ensure proactive engagement of all stakeholders.
Having a strategic communication plan provides a common understanding and roadmap to craft messaging and identify communication channels that will effectively and persuasively communicate information in a manner designed to build public understanding.
Raftelis’ approach to developing a strategic communication plan includes the following components.
- Situation analysis that includes an environmental scan of current perception of the organization or project and issues that may impact reputation or acceptance in the future
- Stakeholder identification and public participation mapping to ensure key influencers are connected to the communication process and that we are leveraging partners to advocate support in getting the message out
- Communication channel identification, including websites, social media platforms, printed and electronic materials, electronic and/or direct mail, newsletters, digital advertising, etc.
- Messaging platform, which is tailored to the audience, to provide clear, compelling, and consistent answers to the tough and common questions that may arise
- Internal communication strategies – employees within your organization can serve as ambassadors and are provided with information and talking points as well as trained to answer questions
- Community outreach tactics for key influencers such as elected officials, economic development groups, chambers of commerce, urban and suburban communities, business communities, neighborhood associations, water utility customers, etc.
- Media relations and social media plan to determine how best to leverage current media relationships and social media platforms
- Written communication development for use in such materials as FAQs, infographics, website updates, bill inserts, etc.